I began work as a receptionist at Power Tynan while studying accounting part time. When I started studying accounting, I admit I didn't really know what was involved, but have since come to realise that accounting is more about people than number crunching. While there is some traditional tax work, most of my role is about creating strategies to avoid potential problems in the future or helping clients work through an issue. No two days are the same and there are quite a few days when I don't touch a calculator.
Despite the amount of legislation, there are many grey areas in accounting law, and things are changing every day. I don't think that I've had two years in a row where the rules have stayed the same!
At Power Tynan we're encouraged to think outside of the box. The firm puts a lot of resources into keeping ahead of the rest of the industry in terms of training and learning about opportunities available to clients.
Beyond my work, I enjoy travelling and seeing how people in other cultures live, so I try to go overseas at least every couple of years.
- Bachelor of Business majoring in Accounting (USQ)
- CPA Qualified
- Diploma of Financial Planning
- Commissioner for Declarations
Gilda can assist you with:
- The management of your accounts
- Specific reporting requirements
- Corporate Services
- Self-managed superannuation funds
- Structure Advice
- Tax Planning & Consulting
- Asset Protection
- Business Planning
- Cashflow Budgeting
- Complex GST & Taxation Issues
- Queensland Building & Construction Commission Licensing